Available 1st Degree/Master Theses (L. Magistrale)
- Master thesis in the framework of LaserPIXE project (Laser driven Particle Induced X-ray Emission: source development and X-ray spectral/spatial analysis). The aim of the project is validating the PIXE technique by using protons generated by all-optical accelerator based on laser-plasma-interaction, and designing a prototype of a compact integrated accelerator. For more information please contact Dr. F. Brandi, tel +39 050 315 2584.
- Master thesis within the project named Extreme Light Infrastructure – Italy aimed at the development of a high energy laser-plasma electron accelerator. The thesis will focus on the experimental study of the mechanisms of plasma wave generation and controlled electron injection. For information contact Dr. Leonida A. Gizzi.
Available PhD Theses/Post doctoral
- Development of diode-pumped, high-average power, ultrashort pulse lasers. The project will focus on modelling and test of novel amplifier architectures for kW scale average power and wide bandwidth. For information contact Dr. Leonida A. Gizzi, or Dr. Dr. Luca Labate. Grant available for eligible candidates.
- Generation of hot electrons during laser-plasma interaction in typical conditions of “Shock Ignition” scheme of Inertial Confinement Fusion. For more information please contact Dr. G.Cristoforetti, tel +39 050 315 2222.
- Study of high and very high intensity laser-plasma interaction for the generation of radiation and high energy particles, with particular reference to the development of high gradient compact particle accelerators currently in progress at the Pisa National Institute of Optics (CNR), also within the European Extreme Light Infrastructure program. For information contact Dr. Leonida A. Gizzi.